COVID-19 MEASURES AND POLICIES
In these challenging and unprecedented circumstances, we at GEM Hotels believe in our duty of care for our guests, employees, contractors and business partners who cross our thresholds. Our aim is to continue providing the characteristic exceptional services, while safeguarding health and safety through the introduction of a range of prevention and hygiene measures in all our hotels.
COVID-19 policies and measures are provided to guests, customers, employees and contractors alike and are kept under constant review and evolve in line with prevailing government advice and guidelines.
Copies are provided in Hotel Receptions and Office/ Employee Notice Boards. Any questions or queries should be in first instance addressed to the manager at the Hotel who will seek guidance, if required, from the Health and Safety Manager and Health and Safety Director.
Training is provided for appropriate Health and Safety matters including:
- Isolation rules on presentation of symptoms of COVID-19 including a high body temperature, loss of sense of smell and taste and continuous dry coughing.
- Prevention of contact and social distancing.
- Hygiene related protocols.
Gem Hotels are required to
request contact details from staff, customers and visitors
, and display the official NHS QR code poster. Link to the NHS app is as follows
NHS COVID-19 app
. All visitors are required to check in using the QR code exhibited on the poster and elsewhere. Alternatively, where they do not possess a smart phone or are unable to download the NHS app they need to complete a form which can be found on the Gem Hotels website or which is also available at the hotels reception.
- Meeting with others safely in areas with social distancing applied following the rule of six people for a group unless all live together and ensuring at least one person in the group provides their contact details.
- Dining rooms and Bars are closed to Public and guests between 10pm and 5am.
- Business meetings/ events of up to 30 people indoors IF social distancing measures applied can be maintained. Our hotels can demonstrate that they have complied with the NHS Covid -19 guidance.
We have partnered with SGS, the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, to ensure our protocols have been adapted to current needs, minimizing the risk of the spreading of Covid-19.
HOUSEKEEPING/ CLEANING PROTOCOLS
- Hand sanitisers available in Reception, Concierge desk, lift lobbies, public areas and toilets.
- Stair handrails and touchpoints cleaned and sanitised at regular intervals.
- Public areas cleaned in line with protocol. All tables, chairs and hard surfaces wiped down with appropriate chemicals at regular intervals.
- All door furniture sanitised at regular intervals and doors kept open where possible without contravening fire Regulations.
- All employees to use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including face masks and disposable gloves where appropriate; and all to undergo specific training on use and application of cleaning chemicals and sanitising products.
- All touchpoints in guest bedrooms and meeting rooms to be cleaned with appropriate approved chemicals.
- Kettles, TV remote controls and irons to be carefully cleaned as appropriate.
- Bathroom toiletries to be disposed of on departure of guests.
- Operate single person use of public Toilets by employing sensors/lighting arrangement where possible.
- Shield/ Perspex or acrylicon screens in both Reception and Concierge areas to protect guests, employees and contractors alike
- Storage boxes for the safe disposal of key card holders, used PPE and stationery; separate boxes for used key cards to be sanitised and disinfected with appropriate chemicals and treated under UV light
- Check-In tablets to be wiped down with sanitiser after each guest use.
- Cashless payments preferred and secured payment facility available through inter-alia company website.
- PDQ terminals sanitised after each desk use.
- Health and Safety kit including face masks and disposable gloves available in Reception
- Floor markings and/ or map indicating 1 metre social distancing space in Reception, Concierge and lift lobby areas.
- All allocated guest rooms wherever possible to be rotated in use and kept unoccupied for a period of 24-72 hours between new guest occupation
MEALS AND ROOM SERVICE
- Restaurant covers arranged to comply with social distancing measures between 5am and 10pm.
- Room Service Breakfast trays provided to guests; or pre-packaged Continental Breakfast available for in-room consumption or take away.
- All other meals provided upon request via Room Service or pre-ordered to be eaten at hotel restaurants.
ADVANCED DIGITAL SERVICES
To minimize interaction and direct contact with surfaces at our hotels, we offer various technical and digital solutions to all our guests:
- Online Check-in – online service to check-in before arriving to the hotel, this reduces interaction with staff.
- Online guest service - by digitizing all hotel information, other services, and our Restaurant, Bar and Room service Menus.
- Contactless Keys to your room (Available at Fitzrovia Hotel).
Specific Hotels will have additional measures or refinements to these protocols which are in any event under constant review and subject to installation availability and change.
Download Covid-19 Measures and policies